HISTORY OF RAWDON’S CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

Founded in June 1934 by Wenceslas Paradis, its first president, the Rawdon Chamber of Commerce had 35 members. In 1957, she was very active under the presidency of Dr. Yves Cantin. Currently, it has nearly 150 members, specialists, traders and professionals, under the presidency of Mrs. Pénéloppe Lefebvre.

In the early 1960s it experienced a slowdown that was felt for several years. In November 1973, a group of businessmen resuscitated the organization. In 1974, the Chamber of Commerce, chaired by Mr. John A. Redmond, had about 70 members.

Since then, thanks to its directors, the Chamber of Commerce contributes greatly to maintain its financial balance while serving as a promotional tool to all Rawdonians.

True to its motto: “Acting for the future”, the Chamber of Commerce pursues its objectives with a dynamic team. It is a non-profit organization that is voluntarily formed by business people from Rawdon.

Quelques projets soutenus à travers les années:

Centre de location de canot et kayak à la plage de Rawdon

Historiquement, la CCDR a assuré la gestion du centre de location de canot et kayak à la plage du lac Rawdon. Des jeunes de Rawdon y ont trouvé leurs premiers emplois étudiants. Cette activité s’inscrit maintenant dans l’offre de service touristique de la municipalité de Rawdon.

Coopérative jeunesse de services

Afin de poursuivre le mandat d’éducation à l’entreprenariat, la CCR soutient la Coopérative jeunesse de services (CJS) de Rawdon. Cette coopérative éduque et forme de futurs entrepreneurs et initie les adolescents à la démocratie, à la gestion d’une entreprise et au marché du travail.

 

Plus de détails…